Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Me I Am!: Poetry - Single Poem Picture Book

Me I Am!, written by Jack Prelutsky and illustrated by Christine Davenier
Publisher: Melanie Kroupa Books


Pages: 28

Genre: Poetry - Single Poem Picture Book

Rating: Thumbs Up!!


This is a fun and inventive book that combines the lives of three children. Each child is demonstrated through illustrations in how they are each their own individual. The children are depicted building things, acting, skating, dancing, investigating the world around them and showing self expression. Through the words of the poem children gain understanding that they are each unique.

I really liked the artistry of the illustrator and the choice of varying children activities and the diversity of the children depicted. I also enjoyed the poem, as it gave a lesson on how unique we all are. For these reasons, I gave this book a "Thumbs Up!!".

No comments:

Post a Comment