Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Stink: Picture Book - Concepts

I Stink, written by Kate McMullan and illustrated by Jim McMullan
Publisher: Joanna Cotler Books/An Imprint of Harper Collins Publishers

Pages: 36

Genre: Picture Book - Concepts

Rating: Thumbs Up!

An advenure into the life of a ??? awaits as we go on a descriptive and senses revealing tale of the main character. The author uses great detail in words, including a word from each letter of the alphabet mid book, to describe the main character. The illustrator gives great detail and childlike picture to the grose description given by the author. In the end, we find out who sinks.

I enjoyed reading this story to my 2 year old and she enjoyed interacting with me, the reader. For these reasons, this book must be a "Thumbs Up!". Both readers and listeners can start thinking into the unstated question given, "Who am I?". What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment